Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week 5 of Captivity


Dear Family,
 
Week number 5 of captivity. Mental status is slowly declining into madness. I'm not sure how much longer I have until my will is completely broken. I'm planning my escape with my fellow inmates as I write this...Heh! Just kidding. Still doing good here. We continue to teach lessons to investigators and they are going well. The food is still awesome =). We weren't able to go out into the city this week for some unknown reason, but we'll get to go out next week. Not sure what else to write really....oh, before I forget or run out of time, here is how to send stuff through the pouch. The address is "Elder Skylar Black, Lima Perú MTC, P.O. 30150, Salt Lake City, UT 84130. It'll take about a week to for a letter to get here. And you're not supposed to send me packages while I am here. My secret to not being homesick....? Just being awesome I guess. I can't really pass that on though, so I guess everyone is out of luck =). Emilee (spelling?) is getting married. Weird. Juan Rico eh? .....whatever.....lol. Yup. Random stuff time. It's always overcast here but never rains. Elder Holland is in the builing next to the MTC but we don't know if he'll visit us. I hope he does =). I taught one of my latino roommates (he speaks english fairly well) what freaking awesome meant. He asked me what it meant one day because he heard some americano's saying it on the soccer field one day. Now he says it all the time with his accent. So funny. I've gained about 12-15 lbs between here and Provo. Not sure how or where it all went, but apparently I weigh 140 now....And no, I'm not getting fat. So too bad. Next week we get more new missionaries; latino's and americano's alike, so we'll be getting new roommates. Me and my companion are getting along pretty well and things are going well. Got to go right now! Bye}
 
Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment