Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 6


Hola!
 
Things are still good here. Most every day it's a different variation of the same thing. But it's still fun =). This week Elder Christofferson came this week. It was a great experience to be able to listen to an Apostle of god. I was only sitting 20 ft away from him at the conference =). He talked a lot about the scriptures. He said if you want to be more sensative to the spirit, read the scriptures. Also, he said, and I quote,"You can't imagine the help we recieve [the 12 and the First Presidency] from your [members of the church] prayers. He also talked about how missionaries are probably the most or one of the most prayed for people on the Earth. Pretty cool to think about. And before I forget. Yes, I got all the pictures =). And my clothes fit just fine thank you >=(. We did get to go out into the city this week. But only for 1 hour. We went to a place called Chosica, which is about 1.5 hours from here. We got lost on the way and that's why we didn't have much time to teach. I had 1 latin companion. Elder Sanchez. He only speaks a little english but he's awesome. He's been a convert for 2.5 years, is a pretty happy guys and he has a mischevious smile. Me and him were both a little nervous going in to our first door approach. But we placed a Book of Mormon on our first door! Yeah! I was expecting that we would get every other door slammed in our face. Nope. People here are generally pretty nice. And a lot of them are members here. Random fact. There are 500,000 members in Peru, but only 70,000 are active. Lot's of work to do here =). Anyways. We didn't get into any houses, but we talked to 2 ladies at their doors and casually talked to 2 other people. We placed 3 Book of Mormons in an hour. Not too bad for a first attempt =). It was a really good experience and it's gotten me more excited to actually go out and teach people....and not just sit around at the MTC lol. Almost forgot. One of the ladies we talked to out in the city asked where I was from and I said the U.S. She was older (maybe around 75 or 750, it was kind of hard to tell) and when she found out I was from the U.S., she asked if I could help here get there and get a Visa.....uh....no? Lol. She chuckled and understood that I couldn't help her. All of the missionaries that were here before us left the MTC this week. So there are only 24 veteran missionaries. We got new latino roommates, 4 of them. I can't remember what their names are (they're in spanish so it's hard lol) but they seem cool enough. They're a little shy. Today is only their first day though. Luckily one of our roommates speaks english fairly well. Whew. Lucky break. One of the Elders in our district, avert your eyes mom, I'm warning you, thinks he has a worm. Dun dun dun.......he's been constipated for 3 days, dun dun dun......and is in a lot of discomfort. He's been taking laxitives but nothing. He said he could, umm, feel the worm moving around inside.....blegh.... I guess that's just a taste of what's to come. Woot =). Okay mom you can look now. I'm ready to leave the MTC, but I still have 3 more weeks. I just have to hang on a little longer.=) And no, I don't have my travel plans yet. Alrighty, I'm out of time now. Stay tuned for more next wednesday.
 
Love me

No comments:

Post a Comment