Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Last Week in MTC!


Hello again,
 
This is my last week here in the MTC, finally....lol. I'm ready to go and I'm excited to get going. I'm not really nervous. Kind of anxious but not nervous. No I don't have any buddies yet. I got all your letters on Thursday last week. Thanks for sending them =). I did have a chance to go out into the city last week. We were out for 3 hours and we talked to around 12 different people. Only one of them seemed genuinely interested in what we were saying. It was an older man who got excited when we talked about the Plan of Salvation. It was cool finally seeing someone getting excited about the gospel. Another set of elders had an awesome experience. They went into a house and taught a lesson. Their lesson was awesome and the Spirit was there. The investigator must have been really prepared to hear the gospel because....they accepted a baptismal invitation! How cool is that. First visit and they accepted baptism. Another testimony builder that this church is true. Also, one of our teachers, Hermano Gonzales served in Quito, Ecuador. He served at the same time as Matt Angel and said he was his best friend. He's told us about his mission and it's gotten me more excited to finally get going. Luckily we don't have to go back to the United States to get to Ecuador, we fly straight there next tuesday. In the MTC we learn lots of grammar principles and different tenses/conjugations...fun...And we also have doctrinal classes that help us teach thing more simply to investigators. We also teach one of our teachers/investigators a full lesson every day. It really helps with getting a feel for teaching. Nope, I haven't played the piano yet =) muahuahua! There are 11 of us going to Ecuador next week and we don't get our travel plans until monday =(. My spanish is coming along well. Although it's kind of hard to talk to the natives/roommates sometimes because our vocabulary is limited to things within the gospel, and I just learned how to say "wall and floor" yesterday lol. So it's kind of frustrating not being able to communicate well....It's nice to hear that the family is doing well and life goes on without me....Unfortunately I can't send pictures this week. But I will try and send some next time....in the field....oh yeah =). My p-days will probably be on monday so you won't get another e-mail for awhile. I'll send some pictures of Ecuador as well =).
 
Ciao,
 
Elder Awesome Black

No comments:

Post a Comment