Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 7 MTC in Peru


Hello,
 
Sounds like things are going good at home. Except Katarina not getting her license....cough cough....=). And before I forget. Thanks dad for putting the headstone in even though I'm not there. =) Pretty much every day we eat either chicken or beef with rice, soup, a side dish, rolls, and a desert. Although they mix up the way the cook the meat and the rice; so it's never exactly the same. And feel free to make the letters longer if you want. I can read them pretty fast. And nope. Haven't gotten the letters yet =(. Hopefully they get here soon. Things are still going well here. The Temple in Lima is only a 6 minute ghetto bus ride away, so we go every p-day. Pretty cool experience. I think I told you last time, but we got 4 new latino roommates this week. One speaks english fluently and the other 3 don't speak much. They're all awesome though. Oh yeah. We went out on a tour of central Lima this week. As with most foreign countries, they have a central plaza where they had a cathedral, and their equivilent of our White House. After we looked around we visited some artisan shops and of course, I got souvenir hats =). And yes I saved a bill (money) for dad. One cool experience, it wasn't me though, was when 2 elders in our district taught one of our practice investigators here. When they were done they said it was the best lesson they had every taught. They were all crying because the Spirit was so strong. And our investigator/teacher has been having some stuggles because his mom is sick and might die. The elders were trying to help and teach the investigator, but they also helped our teachers with his struggles when they taught him. He said, "You (us elders) are my miracle". Just a testament that this is god's work. Oh yeah =). . I can't really think of anything else, so ask me more questions lol. I'm going to try and send some pictures. Tell me if they get there. And the picture of me with the random elder, is me with an elder that looks exactly like Obama. =) The picture with our district has my companion in it. The big blonde elder in the bottom left. Elder Murphy. The one of food was my first meal here. A pretty normal meal. So there you go. Hopefully more pictures later =).
 
Can't think of anything else to write,
 




Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment