Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, July 29, 2013

Working Hard

Well this is going to be a short letter. I want to have some time to update my scripture list. I'm really behind. But the new edition will be awesome. Watch out. 

I'll start off by answering the emails that I supposedly never answer =). Sorry I can't write an individual letter to everyone. There just isn't any time. Yes the withdrawls look right.  I've bought some stuff to exercise with, a couple birthday presents for me and a few souvenirs. Awesome to hear that you got my SD card. I was hoping it would get there. I hope you enjoy all the pictures. Interesting to hear about Brittany's fiance. Tell them congratulations for me. Yes I get Andrews letters. Almost always.Katarina I have to say that I am a little bit jealous that you rode the catapult ride at Lagoon. Congrats on your Personal Progress. I'm surprised to hear that you have a boyfriend now. I heard that he has big arms =).And please explain to me the "you smell like brotherhood" thing....Parker. You taught a primary class. Why lol? And I'm kind of scared to hear that you have your drivers permit. I'll be sure to pray for all the drivers in Utah. 

So my companion is named Elder Cruz. He's from a big city here in Ecuador called Guayaquil. He's a good missionary and we get along fine. Not great. Just fine. He's been in this sector for 3 months and just wants to leave. He says that the people here aren't very nice and the food is terrible. Which isn't completely wrong lol. But he just wants to leave. That's the only problem with him. You can pray for these families. Familia Maldonado Montalvo, Familia Ramirez, Familia Picuasi Picuasi, Norma and Miley. They're less actives/converts. 

So the mission work is improving here. When I got here they had 4 investigators and now we have almost 10. Not much, but that's how it is here. Sorry for the short letter but this is all for now. Just know that I'm working hard and I like it here =)

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment