Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013


Before I forget, yes my package got here, thanks =). Also the reason why I think that I'm sure that the letter with the SD will get there is because it's not an SD card =). It's a micro SD and I put a bunch of extra paper in the envelope so they wouldn't be able to feel the card inside. You really have to look. I think it'll get there =). Also, I have a couple of requests. Everyone here says that spanish is the hardest language to learn. I don't think so. Could you look up what are the hardest languages to learn and send me the list? Also, we have a couple of mamitas that take request and obviously I want them to make chicken crescents. I was wondering if you could email that recipe and also candybar cake. In spanish if you could please =). Also, I found out that we're not allowed to use Dropbox to view photos.....So could you send me the pictures you recently put in dropbox through email? And my companion lived in Estaca Oriental, barrio Mendoza. The other side of the Ozama river. He wants to know if you know the Rotellini family....

Well, not a whole lot to report for this week. With all the meetings and other things that happened this week we didn't have much time to work in our sector. Our numbers are awful, but me and my companion feel good about the work that we were able to do in the little time that we had. 

As of right now we don't have anyone with baptismal date. In part because we could really visit our investigators and also because nobody attended this week. We've taught Día de Reposo to all of our investigators so that they understand the importance of attending. They all told us that they would attend and we kept daily contact with them to keep reminding them. We did everything we could to get them to go and they just didn't. A little frustrating but I guess that's just how it is sometimes. 

Another thing we are having problems with is finding new investigators. What we're planning to do is work with less active families in which not all are members. That way we can kill 2 birds with one stone. Reactivate, find, and baptize. That's what we'll be trying to do this week. 

Funny thing of the week: Special episode. So I "forgot" to write the funny thing of the week last week. So this week is a double length special. For all you viewers out there this is the first time in history that this has been attempted. Buckle up. Part 1: There are lots of people who fight about which is the best internet browser. I found the answer in some graffiti (see attached picture). Closely examining this photo, it can be determined that Mozilla Firefox is definately the best. Part 2: "Final Chapter". Well, as I have said before, our house is one of the hotels of the mission. So we have lots of matresses and blankets. Hrmm....to me that sounds like, "Matress Castle"! That's exactly what we did. Build a castle. The first pictures are of the terrain and an exterior view of the castle. Entering we are greeted immediately by the study. After the study we head down the hallway and we find the living room and dormitories along with the door to the back porch =). Also, you know how in a lot of movies you have to wait until after the credits to be able to see another extra part? Well I'm going to do the same. The computer won't read my camera and I can't upload the pictures. So you'll have to wait until next week to see them =). Stay tuned.

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment