Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, July 1, 2013

First Day in the Mission! :)


Today is my first day in the Quito North, Ecuador mission. My new trainer is....Nah just kidding. Don't feel new or anything. My sector and everything is the same. The only things that are changing are the mission limits and the president. I haven't met him yet. But we're going to be having a get to know the new president tomorrow morning. I'm excited =). Should be interesting. We didn't have to move or anything. All the same. The missions will be sharing an office. Mission Quito on the 2nd floor and Quito Norte on the 4th floor. So I'll still be seeing President and Sister Ghent and the other missionaries every once and awhile. Still don't know if my package has gotten here. I'll be going to the offices next monday and I can check then. Sorry to hear that Mack already had to go home from being sick....Good to hear about Carter's baseball team. Congratulations! Also nice to hear that you'll be getting a new car. That'll be awesome. Also, thanks for reminding me about4th of July. I completely forgot about it lol. Funny to hear that Katarina's and McKenna's friends think I'm "cute" lol. I got a good laugh out of that. 

So here in  San Carlos the work is finally picking up. We've had lots of stuggles lately in having appointments and finding new investigators. This week we visited a bunch of members and less actives. We taught each of them something and then asked when we could come back and if they could invite someone that they know. Almost all of them said that they have a neighbor or another non-member that they'll invite. So for this week we didn't have very many visits with investigatos....Partly because we don't really have any, and the other part is that none of them had time this week. Not really sure why...We're hoping to see the fruits of our labors in the coming week. 

For now we don't have anybody with a baptismal date. Nobody went to church this week. We kept daily contact with all of them and they all said that they were going to go to church and they didn't. I am reminded of one of the District videos when they say that the hardest thing is other people's agency =). It really is like that. We did all of our part in trying to get them go to church and they just didn't. 

The goals to be able to get better are the ones I mentioned before. We'll be doing lots of Family Home Evenings with the members to help strenthen them as well as the less actives. Then be able to get references and also bring the investigators that we have to the FHE's. So that's basically what we have planned to do in this coming week. 

Just you know, I'm sending a letter home with a micro SD card in it with all my photos. I'm pretty sure it'll get there this time. Just so you know that it will be coming. 

Elder Black 

No comments:

Post a Comment