Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, April 29, 2013

Invited a Member for Baptism! :)


Hail Storm
I'll start this letter right off by answering questions. I'm doing good. And no it doesn't seem like Dr. Koffords treatments worked too well...It's cool to hear about that other doctor. I'll definately have to try him out when I get back. The reaction wasn't too bad or too mild. Pretty normal. I had some pretty bad stomach pain for about 30 minutes and then it went away. About the new retainer....I didn't get one put in. The orthodologist said that I didn't need one after having one in for 6 years straight. Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but I'll never know if I don't try. They also filled in a little cavity that I had. Nooooo!!!! My first cavity ='(.....oh well. So they took off the retainer and filled a cavity all for......$20.00. Yup, super cheap. Awesome for a missionary =). And yes I got the package. I told you about a month ago that I got it lol. And yes, I like the cold weather here better than the hot humid weather in El Carmen. And thanks for sending me pictures of Dwight and his now wife. He was pretty crazy to get married lol. I hope he's calmed down a bit.  Okay now the part that pertains to you all. The part about ME =). Lol. Just kidding.  Remember how I said that last sunday a bunch of people came to church? Yeah. Well one of them is a member who has been inactive for 25 years. Ever since her baptism when she was 8. And all the other ones don't live in our sector....So we got left with only one new investigator. Her name is Caroline Lalama for the May 11. She's the daughter of the member that was inactive for 25 years but finally decided to come back to church. Caroline and her mom are super awesome. They're really excited to be back in the church as well. We didn't have any baptisms this week either.

This week was alright. We found a lot of new people that want to hear us (5 new investigators). 2 of the new people actually contacted us. We were going to go to a merienda appointment but she called us and said that she couldn't give us merienda but would pay a restaurant and we could eat there. So we went and ate there. We were eating and my companion Elder Ramos finished eating and then not to waste time waiting for me he pulled out his Book of Mormon. One of the other people in the restaurant took notice and asked him if it was the Bible. He told them that it was a Book of Mormon and that we were missionaries. The man pulled up a chair and sat at our table and started telling us about his life. That it's full of problems and he doesn't know what to do. He also told us that he had never talked to any missionary before but for some reason he talked to us. It was a pretty cool experience. I know that God put us there at that time and that that man was prompted to come and talk to us. Good experience. The next day we taught him and his wife the Plan of Salvation and then invited them to church. They said that they would come, but for some reason they didn't....we're going to follow up with them this week. 

We do have quite a few other people that we want to put baptismal dates on, but this week a lot of visits fell through. All of our investigators had really good excuses why we couldn't visit them at that moment. I guess things like that happen in the mission sometimes...Really that is our biggest challenge here in San Carlos. Fallen visits...not a whole lot we can do about that but we're working hard to find new people. Working lots with the members to try and get references. 

As for me and my companion, we're doing great. We get along well and everything. Working steadily and improving as usual. 

Funny thing of the week: Probably when we went to that lady's house that had been inactive for 25 years. We got there all ready to teach her and then invite her to baptism and when we were talking to her she said that she was baptized when she was 8........We were all quiet and didn't know what to do lol. She really caught us by surprise.

Pics: It was hailing here. Take a look =). And the other one is a picture of Quito from where we were contacting this week. That mountain in the backround isn't a mountain. It's a volcano. Basically just an awesome view. A picture at day and at night

too lazy to write anything else, 

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment