Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, April 8, 2013

Changes


Going to be a short letter, don't have too much time. First off I'll reply to the email. Yes we watched all the sessions of conference, have to check my notes to see which I liked best, no baptisms, yes I got changed. I'm back in Zona Quito where I started. I'm a District Leader and I'm in a trio with 2 new misisonaries. I'll be training both. One of them is waiting for his visa and should be leaving to Mexico in a week. But we'll see. Also looks like you guys had an awesome time in Florida. And I'm glad that you now appreciate how cool I am now that I'm not there =). 

My last companion, Elder Lopez is now training at 4 months in the mission. Not much time =) And not much happened in last week. Lots of fallen visits. Although we did have one cool contact. There's this drink here called Polaca. It's a sweet drink that's basically egg-nog for an Ecuadorian. There are always guys in the streets selling Polaca and they wear Polaca hats. Of course I wanted one. So we went to a nearby Polaca factory (it's a little room or 2 where they make it) and asked a lady there how I could get a hat. She told us that she would give us 2 for free.....sweet =). We went back a few days later and she gave us a free glass of Polaca and then we went across the street to her house to get the hats, Also for free =). We talked with her for a little bit and she told us that she would like to start taking the lessons. Yeah! Polaca, a hat and a contact all at once. Now that's effective

I would now like to take a few minutes to write a list of all the weird food that I've eaten in Ecuador. Prepare your stomaches.
-Cow hoof
-Bull testicles
-Cow stomach
-Cow liver
-Chicken liver
-Chicken feet
-Guinea Pig
-probably some other stuff. 

Yum....the only thing I can't eat is the cow stomach. I almost threw up when I ate it. Not for the taste, but for the texture. Pretty much like a tongue brusher. Now everytime I brush my tongue I think of cow stomach

Now I have some questions. What's up with the war with Korea!? I don't know anything about it....Dad, you still need to re-send me that email of the water filtration system and Katarina's talk. I didn't get all of it. Also I would like to thank everyone who sent me a letter for my birthday. Especially Grandma and Cabby. Thanks =)
And I would like the emails of Andrew, Ryan, Kyle and Bruce. If there's a way you could find out so I could write them that would be great. 

Funny thing of the week: this is a a good one. We were waiting in the church to have a lesson with some of our investigators and they didn't come....Inside of the church there was a motorcycle of the first councellor in our ward....perfect opportunity for a prank =). We hid his motorcycle in one of the class rooms and closed all the doors so that he would have to look in all the classrooms to find it. In place of his motorcycle we put a note that said, "The motorcycle? It's in room 11". Then in room 11 another note that told him that it was in another room. Then after about 3 or 4 rooms we finally told him where his motorcycle was. Ha! I bet he was really surprised to find out that his motorcycle wasn't there when he got to the church. 

The last thing. This is for you Katarina. lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, loooooool. 

That's all for now. I'll let you know latter how things are going here as district leader, and trainer in my first zone =)

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment