Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, April 22, 2013

Elder Black and 3 Companions! 
This scorpion walked across the floor while teaching a lesson
This is going to be short. I ate a cookie that had pecans in it so I took some allergy pills and now I'm super tired and lazy....I'm just going to say the highlights of this week. This week we got a new companion on tuesday and E'Logroño went to Mexico. He was one of my companions and was waiting for his Visa. He left thursday in the middle of the night. So for 2 days I was technically training 3 missionaries at once...But then E'Logroño left and then the other missionary left as well. He was just here for a couple of days for emergency changes. It was pretty hard trying to coordinate a lesson between 4 people. Ugh....so tired....Okay. Also this week we found a few new investigators and got some awesome references. We found someone while contacting that has family that is member. She was pretty cool and we have an appointment set up for tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well with that. We also had 6 new people go to church today. They were all references that members had invited to church. Sweet, a bunch of new investigators. 4 of the 6 belong to another sector, but we still got 2 awesome new people out of it. 

Yes dad I got all the pictures you sent last week. Also, I sent something awesome home for Mother's Day. Don't open it early. You have to wait =). The people here don't have maids, being District Leader rocks, we have mamitas everyday and I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to get my retainer taken out and have a new one put in. It's so awesome to hear that Brionna is going to serve a mission. I would have never thought....give her and Jessie my congratulations =). Oh, and Kent as well. And if you could could you send me some pictures of Dwight, Jeff and their wives/future wives?

Now, the funny thing of the week....Elder Ramos(my companion) and I had bought some black gloves so our hands wouldn't get cold here. After that we went to pick up our laundry that a member had washed. So, 2 young men holding laundry bags, and using black gloves....We got some pretty funny reactions from the people lol. The people here are pretty suspicious and you have to gain their trust. We took our clothes to the house of a member and their neighbor saw us with our bags and gloves knocking on doors. He gave us a really weird look and then closed his front door. A bunch of people thought we were robbers or something. It was pretty awesome =)

The picture of the 4 people is me and my 4 companions. The scorpion walked across the floor while we were teaching a lesson. And the other one is of a bridge while were contacting =)

Going to close now before I fall asleep on the computer.....

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment