Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Weeeee!!! 
Abish, daughter of one of the Mamitas
I'll start off by responding to all the letters that you sent me this week. First off...Parker....when did you grow so big? I haven't grown at all, but I'll still be able to take you down easily when I get back. And you always tell me to respond to your letters. I can't respond much if you don't ask me anything lol. Driving in a month.....that's scary. Jingle bell, jingle bell, Parker's a pootinky =). Mckenna...I have 12 baptisms in the mission, getting along with my companion great too, he's just a little prideful =). The weirdest thing I have tasted here in the mission? Umm...Probably Guatita (cow stomach) with a peanut sauce. Sound gross? Yeah cause it is lol. And the best thing I have tasted....Well the BEST, I don't know, but one of my favorite things here is a shrimp ceviche with chifles and rice. Mom I'm sure can explain it to you. It's good. Katarina...all I have to say is that your letter was werid lol. Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time without me ='(, but I guess that's how life is. Yes we will Skype. We will be calling here on Sunday. I don't know what day Hunter has to call, but if it's on a different day we can change no problem. I don't know the specifics yet but I want to call at 4:00 here which should be 3:00 there I think....I'll send an email later to confirm. We should be able to do a 3 way call too =)

We didn't have any baptisms this week. We have 3 people with baptismal dates; Caroline May 11, Vanessa and Gabriel May 25. They're all super awesome. They're all references and they all came to church this week. I'd like to talk a little bit about the 2 new people we found this week.

Vanessa is a reference from one of our mamitas. She's super interested and has lots of desires. She came to church this sunday and her hermanadores gave her a tour of the church. And we didn't even say anything. We were really surprised. So awesome. 
Gabriel is special too. One weekday he just walked into the church and ran into our bishop. They talked for a little bit and the bishop ended up giving him a Book of Mormon. We tried to visit Gabriel various times but the visits just kept falling through. One time though we finally met with him. We taught him the Restoration and invited him to baptism. He had lots of the questions of the soul and he's really receptive. He had even read a part of the Book of Mormon all on his own. He's a prepared soul. 

That's pretty much all that happened here in San Carlos. We had TONS of fallen visits this week. I think 3 days in a row everything fell through. I don't know why, but we're going to start working on the Cita Caida plan. When a visit falls through offer a prayer and contact with the purpose of finding someone. I think that will really help us. All is well here =). Also, today we went to La Mitad del Mundo again. I got you something there Dad =). Let me know if you want me to tell you what it is or if you want me to keep it a surprise =). 

Funny thing of the week: well....we were walking on the side of the road at night time. Suddenly we saw a guy in his underwear trying to get into a car....lol. That's all I have to say about that 

Oh, before I forget. Mom, in the next package you send me (whenever it is), please send me a bag of Jack Links jerky and also a tie....but not just any tie. The ugliest tie that I have. You'll know when you see it =). It looks like someone threw up on it lol. Sometimes they have ugliest tie competitions and I know I'll win with that tie. 

Pics: the daughter of one of the mamitas; Abish, she's cute =), Me on a slide, A rainbow, and the view from one the houses of a member of Quito

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment