Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sick Week

Baptism... Richard, he's from Spain

Bowser... This is what they do on a sick day!

Mission District

c
Notice the Leaf Cutter Ants!

So Much rain, the streets turn into rivers!
Continuation,
 
I'll just try and continue with my last letter that I wrote. So last week....we almost did nothing. We were sick the whole week so we were in the house resting and just kind of sitting around. We made more Play-Doh videos and that's about it lol. We did have a baptism though. His name is Richard. He's from Spain, is 16 and is awesome. He was super prepared to be baptized. He was just waiting for his baptism to come. He's also already got a lot of friends in the church. One of them actually baptized him. His name is Yeompier. He is an awesome guy who is preparing to serve a mission in Peru this spring. He's very prepared to serve a mission. A lot more than I was. So yeah, the baptism was awesome. 

On sunday we had Stake Conference in Santo Domingo. The power went out though and we were sitting in the middle of the congregation. Without the speakers and my still plugged ear, I didn't hear anything lol. I got nothing out of that conference. 

Also today is changes. My companion, Elder LeBaron, left to be a Zone Leader in Rio Bamba. I am now here with a pretty new elder that just finished his training. I'm also senor companion. Woot! Actually it doesn't really mean anything lol. He's from Spain (no his accent is not really strong) and he knows english, but not perfectly. I don't know him very well still but he seems cool. I guess we'll see as the weeks go by. If the trend in this sector keeps up with me, I should be leaving here the next change. But we'll see. 

I really can't think of anything else that happened.....A pretty short letter. Oh yeah, the pictures. That one is what it looks like right now. It's raining really hard. Turing the streets into rivers =). There's our zone and there's the baptism we had last week. 

Goodbye,

Elder Black

P.S.
I have 7 months in the mission today. Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment