Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, February 18, 2013

Issues...

Notice the hundreds of bumps, Ouch!

Yay!  Food!
Hello world, 

I'm going to start this letter off with everything that went wrong with my body this week =). First off; I strained my back by throwing too much heavy things of water from on top of our house on Carnaval. Next I got what I thought was a  rash on my whole body. I found out that it is a fungus! It's hot and humid here. So that's how I got that. I'll send pictures of it =) And then the cherry on the cake, an ear infection! Yeah! One night I woke up at around 2:30 because my ear was hurting. I woke up my companion and asked him to give a blessing. I went back to sleep quickly after that. So my back is a lot better now. It would be really stiff and sore in the morning from not moving around much in the night. But it's a lot better now. For the fungus I've been using an anti-fungal cream twice a day and it's going away now. For the ear infection....whew. It's really hard to find here. Almost none of the farmacists know what it is, but I finally found some today. Hopefully that will clear up now. So yeah, as far as health goes, this week wasn't so great. But I'm a lot better now =). 

We did not have any baptisms this week. Sorry. We were a little low on lessons this week as well. So there's not too much to tell. One new investigator that we have is awesome. His name in Richard. He's already been to church about 3 or 4 times, has friends in the church, and wants to be baptized. He's been investigating the church for a while, but we just taught him this week. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then invited him to baptism. He accepted of course. We gave him the option of being baptized next week or the week after. He picked next week. He's so excited to get baptized. We found out the next day that that night he talked to his mom about getting baptized and got her permission. He's on fire. 

Let's see...what else. Oh yeah. There were a couple of days this week that we didn't leave the house at all; monday and tuesday for Carnaval, and sunday for presidential elections. Apparently during elections some people go crazy and so stuff to North Americans because they hate the states and they get all riled up during elections or something. Needless to say we had lots of time to spend in the house. It did not go unwasted. We had so much fun. We used the Play-Doh that mom sent me with and we made "Play-Doh-Mation" videos. They're so awesome and so fun =). So that's pretty much all we did when we had to stay inside. 

Overall things here are going pretty good. My companion and I are still getting along great. He told me that I was his favorite companion in the mission. So yeah, I'm awesome =). There are changes here in 1 week. This change is 2 weeks shorter because of the changes they made with the MTC's, so there is a chance that my companion will leave.....Hopefully that doesn't happen yet....A couple of quick things about our sector. We have to sleep with mosquito nets, lots of people here live in bamboo shacks with wood floors, and they eat tons of rice. So there you have it. 

There's not much else to tell for this week because we were inside so much. And that picture is of our refrigerator. That is the fullest fridge that me or my companion has ever seen in the mission. We both had a lot of extra money on our cards and spent a bunch on food. See mom, they do give us enough for food =). Oh and for cereal. They hardly have anything here. And the american stuff that they do have is really expensive. Whatever you can send will be appreciated. One more thing that I just thought of that you could sent me. The Hobbit soundtrack. That would be so awesome!!! Please have mercy on me and send it.

No comments:

Post a Comment