Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, October 22, 2012

Short Letter



Hello,
Sorry this is going to be short today. I don't have much time to write. It will be really random but here we go. I read in 2 Timothy 2:23 and it pretty much says that there is such a thing as a stupid question. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. It's in the Bible. Yes I got the package. First bowl of normal cereal with normal milk in 2 1/2 months lol. And by the way the M&M's are really good. The latinos here (latino missionaries) say "crapear" which is the spanglish verb for crap. They all use it lol. Yes they are planning on dedicating the nightmare devil house. Jorge, the crazy reincarnation guy, is getting baptized this week lol. I taught him with another elder this last week and we used tons of machette's (scriptures or anything that's strong or "duro" in spanish) . Basically laid down the law for his weirdness. Mom, any good, easy food that we can make with only a stove to cook that you could send a recipe for? And could you send the recipe for caramel popcorn? I want to make it =). Fanny, our golden investigator was baptized and confirmed this week! Elder Salazar has been out in the field for 9 months and has had 20 baptisms now and he said that Fanny was by far his favorite. In her testimony after her baptism she told the story of how she met us and said that she was prepared by god to hear the gospel and that it was no coincidence that we found her. She said that god sent us to her. And her brother ended up baptizing her. My guess Hunter is going to Nicaragua. Don't no why, just a guess. How muchy does it cost to send a package to here? They drink lots of herbal teas here. Some are acually pretty good. The Quito mission has a blog at meq.posterous.com. Don't know what's on it, but it's a blog. Can somebody look up if popping your back/neck/fingers has any side effects? My companion is positive that popping your back can cause paralisis.....I don't think so. And my bed has fleas.

Now there's a bunch of stuff that I want you to try and send me =). A missionary reference book from Deseret Book. It's by Adrian Parker Call Jr. Good stuff. Get one for Hunter too. One of my mouthpieces. The one that says Ingram on it. I want to be able to practice a bit =). A mini Book of Mormon in english. My hot sauce. A pair of matching wool socks. I say matching because the ones I brought are different colors and sizes lol. Jerky.....aww yeah.....And my crocs.

I know, it was a really random letter. I'll do better next week =).

Elder Black



And our house is bad because the roof is made of metal, there are gaps between the roof and the wall, So it's freezing in the mornings and dust blows in and it's hard to keep clean lol. Look at the bathroom.....kind of breezy because there's gaps in the roof too lol. And the ventilation pipe for all of our water (toilet, sinks shower etc) comes out right next to our stove.... so it basically stinks when ever we flush or use the shower lol. Also it's about 17x60 ft....so it's really big for 2 people. And they aren't letting us move =(. There's a $300 guarentee when we bought the house, and if we terminate the contract early, we don't get the money back. That and if we moved they would have to pay another $300 guarentee on the next house....so we're not moving lol

No comments:

Post a Comment