Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, October 8, 2012

Questions answered and Notes from General Conference

Greetings,


Questions first. No I don't play the piano. They don't have a piano....that's right...in your face lol. No I will never have to cook if I don't want to. The women volunteer to cook and don't get paid. Yes, they all take turns every night. We do our laundry at a ladies house. She's a non member but lets us use her washer, dryer and she cooks for us =). Yes, the new towels are much better. They take up less space, dry faster and dry me off faster. I haven't used the photos yet. And we go to a "Cyber" to use computers. It's just a place where you pay to use internet and computers. It's about 70 cents/hour. Our apartment.....is ghetto lol. It has a metal roof with holes between the wall and the roof, so a little dust blows in and we have to sweep regularly. And our shower is in a corner of the bathroom, which is about 4x5 ft. It's just a curtain and a shower head. So the water gets all over the floor because there aren't any dividers or anything. We don't have a  dish washer and we only have  mini fridge with no food in it lol. We're going to fix that today.....No I haven't reviewed that article dad...I'm not sure if I have it still. Send me an email of it just in case. But I'll look for it.

Sadly, no strange food to report this week....sorry fans. And sorry I can't send pictures again. We're in a different city called Tumbaco and we don't have time to go to Yaruqui and get my camera. But next week for sure. We're cleaning our apartment next monday....every....square....inch..........fun.....So I'll be around to get my camera and send pictures. We have 4 more baptismal dates lined up. Some other elders found a family (3) in Quito and taught them there (the family works in Quito). They got them to commit to baptism but they live in Yaruqui so they're in our area =). We were on exchanges and I didn't get to go, but my companion and another elder taught this family on saturday and got their grandma to baptism =). So 4 in total. We also found a couple of new investigators this week. A Jehovas Witness, dun dun dun...... and a few columbians. Not sure how they'll progress but I guess we'll see. That's all I can really think of now....

General Conference!!! I've never been more excited for conference in my life lol. Hearing that much english was refreshing =). Yes we were able to watch all the sessions. My favorite talk.....I don't know. I really liked President Eyrings and Monsons priesthood talks. Eyring because I thought it was cool that he could pray to know all of his sons potential and spiritual gifts. And pres Monsons because it was an awesome missionary talk and I'm a missionary lol. Also Pres Eyrings talk from sunday morning. Because God is always there, we just have to listen and align our timetable with his. And Walter F Gonzalez. My favorite line was, "What is essential, is invisible to the eye". I just liked that he said "God can give us knowledge when we navigate the Celestial web of our minds". Pretty cool I think. And the last one, Elder Ballards. The bee analogy was cool from a biologists point of view. Also that honey is one of the few things that has all the nutrients (including water) needed to sustain life. And that spiritually speaking, the honey of the gospel has everything to be able to have eternal life. Good stuff. Dad...I want you to pray and then tell me what my spiritual gifts are (President Eyring).=) And if anybody has a question about anything....ask me, I'm a missionary!! lol (Elder Nelson). And the age change for missionaries is awesome. You can start your papers in a year and a half Katarina =). And Hunter, it's cool that you're already getting started on your papers =). This conference I made a different goal for each one of the talks. So I have 33 different goals. If I keep all my goals, don't be surprised if I'm translated lol. I'm hoping that those goals will help me to have a better mission and be better all around. Before I forget, no. I never got the cereal or whatever it was. Remember, packages have to be under 4 kg and you need the green piece of paper! Hopefully I'll get it later...

Things are going good overall. The spanish is coming little by little and now I can eat like a horse =). Life is good.

See ya,

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment