Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monkeys!

Monkeys!
Well...again I don't have much time to write because I had to read twice as many letters as normal because I couldn't write last week. I'll tell you why. I had changes! Again.....So I traveled 10 hours to Quito on last monday, on tuesday 10 more hours to a place called Lago Agrio and stayed with some missionaries, and then wednesday 2 more hours to get to my sector which is called Coca; a total of 22 hours traveling. My sector is in the Orient which is getting really close to the Amazon rainforest and pretty close to Colombia. It's tropical here and it's WAY HOT and WAY HUMID. It's perfectly flat there are lots of animals and fruits here. I even saw monkeys today! Though it's not as jungly as you're probably thinking. It's more tropical than jungly. Awesome though =). It's a new branch here that only has 4 years. It's growing a lot and the people are really prepared to hear the gospel. 

This week as far as the mission work goes not much happened. For a good part of the week I was traveling and the days that I was here working there were a lot of people that were on vacations for New Years. For New Years I was in a bus doing nothing so that was awesome =). No we did not have any Christmas dinners =(. Yes I am still writing in my journal. That's really sad to hear about Kavin. That must be really hard for aunt Vicki and Uncle Ralph...Sounds like you guys had an awesome Christmas though =). And I completly forgot about 3 Kings! When is it again lol. They don't really celebrate it here so I forgot =P

Funny thing of the week: So I asked my companion (Elder Bolton) what funny things he could remember this week. He said, "Well...I think all your traveling was funny"...........

No comments:

Post a Comment