Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First off I'll tell you all why I'm writing on tuesday instead of monday. We got permission from the mission president to change our P-Day to today. We wanted to go to a zoo that's nearby, but it's closed on monday. So we'll be going today after lunch. Woo! 

Well...Not too much to talk about this week. We did have a few high points, but it was a little rough for a couple reasons. So this thursday we went to Lago Agrio to have our district meeting, and ate some burritos that we made for lunch. Then afterwards I was going to do some baptismal interviews while I was there. They fell through...So we went back to Coca without any sort of plans. Didn't do much. Then on sunday morning me and my companion felt really sick. Saving the details we had body pain, headaches, and I'll just say I went to the bathroom 9 times that day =). So we didn't really do anything that day either...We were even sick on monday as well. This morning I figured out how we got sick. It was the burritos! Elder Murphy (long story. He was the branch president and the zone leader there and he got sick and went to Quito on sunday. He was my companion in the Peru MTC =)) told me that the missionaries in Lago had bad diarrea as well. The burritos was the only thing in common. They were good going in, but not very good going out. 

Anyways! The things that we actually did this week. We were contacting and we found a new investigator named Karina Ortiz. We visited her twice. The first time we talked about the Restoration, but left out the Book of Mormon for time. We gave her a pamphlet and left. We came back the next time and she started out with questions. In the back of the pamphlets there is a part for additional study. There are some questions to answer using scriptures that you look up. Nobody ever does it. EVER! But she did. There was one question that she didn't understand how to answer and we helped her out with that. She accepted a baptismal date and everything. At the end of the lesson she asked our names and when the next appointment would be and she wrote it on the back of the pamphlet. Normaly we're the ones on top of the investigators, but she was on top of us! She didn't come to church on sunday but I have high hopes for her though.

That was the main highlight of our week...In our zone of 8 missionaries we'll be having 9 baptisms this week which is pretty awesome. Me and my companion won't be baptizing for a little while longer but we're working on it =)

Funny thing of the week: so remember when my house in San Roque got robbed and the took a bunch of stuff (7 months ago)? Amongst that stuff was my alarm clock so since then I've been using my phone to wake me up. So finally this last week I bought an alarm clock. It's just a cheap piece of chinese garbage but it's cool. The funny part is the instuctions...I've attached the picture of them. Just read it =) 

(*NOTE:  You can't really see the picture of the instructions, so I didn't bother posting it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment