Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, September 2, 2013

3 People With Baptismal Dates!


First off we have 3 people with baptismal date and all of them went to church! Yeah! Pretty excited. We set a companionship goal of 4 baptisms for this month and we're well on the track. We also have 4 more people that we're going to put baptismal dates on this week. I have really been able to see the progress in our sector. Even the members are noticing that things are better than they were. Super happy with the results that we're seeing.

That's our sector. I actually really like it; I think it will be one of my favorite sectors. I've been able to see a weak ward get back on its feet. That gives me satisfaction =)

Now, Elder Vallejo. Tuesday through Friday he's been whining that his leg hurts him. He called President Richardson every night to tell him that he couldn't take the pain anymore...Here we say that he was just "lamping", or putting on a show because he didn't want to work. When he had time to sit down for a bit he would start to cry and say that it was because of his leg. Don't be fooled. He just doesn't want to be here in San Roque. I called President and told him that I don't know what to do because he doesn't want to do anything and he just cries, so President talked with him seriously that he just needs to work. Since then he's stop whining about his leg and now he even walks faster than me. But he doesn't really want to talk with anybody, me or the people here. I try and talk with him and most of the time he doesn't respond. When he does he just mumbles maybe one word. When the members ask him his name sometimes he just points to his nametag. Also in the lessons he never pays attention when I'm talking and when I pass the time to him he just says a couple of things and then passes the time back to me. He's like my sidekick in the lessons =). He's gotten a bit better, but I'll try and have patience. Not sure how I'm going to do though because Elder Cruz took a lot of patience out of me =). But we'll see how it all goes. 

Looks like you guys had a good time in Las Vegas. Also, good to hear from you Katrina =). I'll also be renewing my Visa this week. That's all for now.

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment