Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Letter June 3, 2013


Well....we didn't have any baptisms this week and we have one person with date. Gabriel Castro. He didn't show up to church this week and we weren't able to get ahold of him to find out why. For now that's all we have. 

The work here is kind of hard. We have at least 1 fallen visit everyday. Sometimes up to 3 visits fallen. We're trying not to let it get us down but it's frustrating. Everything from visits with references, investigators, members, less actives, even the mamitas are canceling lunches. We talked with our mission leader yesterday and we have somme new ideas to help out the ward. It's been awhile since the ward has done an activity and the ward is kind of "turned off". Kind of like your branch in North Carolina Grammy and Grandad =). We're going to plan an activity this June to get the ward excited. Also so we can get references and bring out own investigators. I think an activity will really help out here. Until then we'll just keep holding out. 

This last week we got a bunch of references from both the members and the offices. We contacted them all and we have visits with most of them this week. Hopefully it goes well.... 

One cool thing happened this week. We were contacting and we talked to a catholic guy. He seemed only a little bit interested. He said that he always listens to missionaries that come buy just to be nice and that he would give us 10 minutes. Meh....better than nothing. So we went in and started teaching the Restoration. We ended up being there an hour. It was one of the most awesome lessons that I've been in in the mission. You could really feel the Spirit. He asked me how sure I was that this is the only true church. I bore my testimony to him about how I prayed to know if this church is true and I got an answer directly from God that it was. He said that how great it was that I had recieved that answer from God. I could really tell that he felt the Spirit and felt the truthfullness of our message. He also got really interested in the Book of Mormon. He wondered why he had never heard of any of this before (the Restoration) and liked all of it. All in all it was an awesome lesson and awesome experience =)

Funny thing of the week: This week we taught Gabriel the Word of Wisdom....in 10 minutes. We had an opening prayer, varified commitments, taught the lesson and promised blessings, commited him to keep the Word of Wisdom, invited him to baptism, closed with a prayer, and he understood everything.......lol. It was the fastest lesson that I've taught in the mission. When he left we started laughing because of how fast and direct that lesson was. 

Things to send me in the next package....well I want a flash to be able to have 2 backup copies of everything. Better safe than sorry when it comes to mission pictures. 8 or 16 gb. Ties are always welcome =). I like watches too....I don't know, I can't think of anything lol. Whatever you want to put =). Maybe a game like Jungle Speed...

Sounds like Brielle and Cooper have quite the caracter lol. They both sound funny =). Cool to hear about dad becoming a high priest. You only get that if you prove yourself as a loyal member. Congrats =). By the way. Thanks Grammy and Grandad for sending me emails. As a missionary you're excited to see a full inbox. Thanks too Grandma for always writing me. Even better than an email is a hand written card. I don't really have much time to write letters back to any of you but I hope an email is enough. Thanks to anyone else who has ever sent me a letter!!! 

Well that's all we have time for. Hopeully this week is better than the last. I'll let you all know how it went. 

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment