Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, December 9, 2013
















Well....this week we really hardy did anything. We had a bunch of meetings all week. Mon-Wed: leaders council in Quito, Thur: Mini zone conference, mission correlation and ward council, Fri: leaders meeting, Sat: Stake conference from 5:00-9:00, Sun: Stake conference 10:00-12:00. So there's our week =). 


Despite us not being able to work much we were at least able to end with 5 people with baptismal date. 2 of the 5 people that have baptismal dates are new this week. Good stuff. Things are going good here. The people are really prepared to hear the gospel and I'm enjoying it and also the food =). I have now had octopus and clam ceviche. Just some new stuff that I've tried being here on the coast.....not really much else to say lol so I'll continue to other things.

Funny thing(s) of the week: The first one needs no explanation....Just look at the first picture...Now, the other one is different. So here the water from the tap is deadly and you don't ever drink from it, so you have to buy bottled water. Every week we go through one of those giant bottles that you see (they're $1.00 each just fyi). So we had just bought one and I had carried it up the stairs and walked into our apartment. I took it off my shoulder and set it down kind of hard on the counter when it broke open and exploded water all over me and started dumping a bunch of water on the floor.....I hate you bottle......

Pics:
1. Jasmine on shrooms....?
2. exploding bottle
3. cemetary in front of our house
4. The mamita cancelled on us and we cooked our lunch =). My companion made the rice and chicken strips and I made the patacones and the deviled eggs =). Yum....

No comments:

Post a Comment