Favorite Scripture

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Monday, October 21, 2013

Eventful 2 Weeks!

Well...eventful 2 weeks. So the week when I didn't write. I'll start by saying what happened. So up until wednesday I was staying with some missionaries, waiting to get my son in Quito. On thursday I picked him up and all good. He's from Guatemala and was pretty cool. We got along great. We worked hard until sunday night and I was giving the numbers and my Zone Leader told me that I had emergency changes.....NOOOOO!!!! I did not want to leave from San Roque at all. He told me that I would be going to Esmeraldas and a Zone leader. Esmeraldas is on the coast, actually I can see the ocean from our sector. It's about 30 minutes walking distance from our house. So on monday I spent my whole day traveling. 12 hours in total. So that's why I didn't have any time to write...

So in the short time that I had with my son a lot of things happened too. We have an investigator that's called Yarina. She's so awesome. She's reading and praying. She's even reminding her less active mom to do it too; and sometimes her mom doesn't understand the scriptures and then she explains them to her. She's so prepared. We were in a lesson with her and then the zone leaders called me and said that they had good news for me. They told me that we got the good to go to move into the new house. YESSSSSS!! After the visit with them we went to the house to get packed up and get over to the new house. It's awesome. The owners are even going to buy a brand new washing machine and oven just for us =). The bad part is that I was only in the house for 2 nights before I left so I didn't get to enjoy anything =(.

Anyways. Now I'm here in the coast. Here there's lot of blacks and it's pretty dangerous here. It's humid and hot here, but it hasn't been too bad because right now it's winter. My companion is Elder Thomas. He's an american from Minnesota. His dad is a cardiologist in the Mayo clinic and my companion wants to work there as well as a surgeon. He's pretty cool and we get along well. He just barely got to the sector too so we're basically opening the sector together. Since we don't know anybody here we've contacted a lot. It's also super easy to get new investigators because for every 2 contacts you have you have 1 new investigator. The problem though is that a lot of times they don't progress. That, and NOBODY here is married. About the only ones that are married are the members lol. But I like it here. Good food and good people.

Investigators....They're all new lol. We got here and there was nothing =(. We have a couple of decent ones, but nothing worth talking about for now lol. If something interesting happens with them I'll let you know. 

And I realized something this week....I didn't wish any of you happy birthday....Sorry. It's not on purpose, but the time really does go by fast and I forget important dates. Still love you, but happy late birthday to everyone =)

Congratulations Parker and Katarina on your new found lovers. Keep up the good work. =)

Funny thing of the week: Here...the people are crazy....a lot of them are druggies or drunks. So one day we were leaving our apartment and we saw a fist sized rock fly by our heads. We looked and it was a teenager throwing a rock at another black guy. I don't know why he was throwing rocks at him, but the guy got really mad. So it was a crazy looking black dude and he had a machete in his hand. Then he started chasing the teenager and started throwing rocks at him. He was furious and went after him with the machete. The teenager escaped, but I have no doubt that if the mad guy would have caught up to him he would have hurt him or maybe even killed him with the machete. Me and my companion thought it was pretty cool =).

Pics: surprise! There aren't any! My camera broke because it got wet. It turns on and everything but it makes a humming noise and doesn't focus. =(

Say hi to my new grandpa for me =). I still think it's weird though.....

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment